I had my 3 month weigh in today. +9.5 lbs. Heaviest I have been in 3 years. Up 12 lbs. total in 2015. And I workout between 30 minutes to an hour 3-4 times a week. No joke, I do. Here is my MapMyFitness log:
Not happy. No excuses.
I can’t and won’t sit here and say “oh I don’t know where that weight came from” or “I need to cleanse, etc.” 12 lbs is here, I own it and will take some time to come off, probably all of swimsuit season.
How did I gain it? I stopped journaling my food intake and blindly consumed anything I wanted to beginning on December 24, 2014. I remember the date precisely.
- Christmas Eve, Feast of Seven Fishes and in my family, 2 pastas, greens, cannoli, pastry, chocolate martinis, etc. Nutrional value be damned. Stopped journaling daily.
- January – winter is cold, I cook comfort food. I was only 3 lbs heavier. I thought nothing of it. Sporadic journaling. When I did, my proteins were down and carbs were up. Not best choice for me. I worked out, still didn’t pay much attention to the scale.
- February – Husband’s birthday meant dinner with his friends who are the biggest foodies. They know “everyone who is anyone” and dinner is always topped off with a “special aperitif and dessert compliments of the chef.” Can’t say no, it would be rude. Valentine’s Day – a box of Godiva and dinner out. Wines, love my Sauvignon Blanc. No journaling. Up 2 more lbs. Worked out though!
- March – Our 25th anniversary. Atlantic City Foodie Trip. We don’t gamble, we spend our money on fine dining. More wine, chocolate, rich desserts. I wondered why the dress I brought with me (which I wore to previous event) was suddenly tight now. It rose up as I walked, which made for a fun evening of pulling it down constantly. So attractive! The anniversary cake the restaurant custom made for us (compliments of our foodie friends) is still sitting on my ass. 3 more lbs. Worked out, No journaling.
- April, May – Bridal shower and wedding season kicks off. Bridal showers are 4 hours of sitting on your butt eating food and watching the bride-to-be open presents. And anyone who has been to a wedding in New York City, knows you do not miss one minute of the cocktail hour. There is more food than anyone could possibly eat, and it is a feast for the eyes and the palate. Normal workouts, no journaling. 4 lbs more.
You may be saying to yourself “I wonder if she’s take a blood test, maybe it’s a medical problem?” Took a blood test in April, and my numbers were perfect.
Nothing is going on with me other than and I have simply eaten too much. Working out doesn’t mean I can eat with abandon.
Journaling food takes time. A good 30 mins a day. However I find the investment worthy. It keep me on track, and helps manage my ratio of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. There are thousands of articles on the importance of maintaining a diary of your food intake. It’s proven to work. Do you journal your food intake? I would love to hear what apps or tools you use! Please comment and share.
I use MyFitnessPal. I find it easy and I can scan a barcode on a package when I have to.
I taped my weight goal to my computer and am now going to log my dinner. Workout night is tomorrow.